web analytics

Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Weekly Question (Off-Topic)

Pages:First«6789

I know I'd definitely read more physical books, so I'd probably practically live in the library during the summers. Probably would use a lot more paper as well, since I would probably write on paper rather than in Microsoft Word. That could go either way, because writing on paper takes a while for me, but there would be less distractions...

I would probably go back to buying CDs to listen to music (or borrowing them from the library), too. I wouldn't necessarily say I'd have less or more human contact though, since I'm a fairly sociable person when I'm not buried in books-- I'd probably talk to people more often in person.

Camp NaNoWriMo Writing Progress

Okay, I've offered up a bunch of questions over the past couple months. Now it's your turn! 🙂

• Feel free to ask a question on any topic you wish (except writing, since we already have a thread for that).
  • There should be one question per week, starting on Monday.
  • Anyone can post a question – if we already have one for that week,  feel free to save yours and post it the following week.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Camp NaNoWriMo 4/18 Progress:

*jumps in to take a turn* 😀

So what other hobbies/obsessions do you guys have next to writing?

To answer my own question:
I love reading (duh), though I don't get around to it as much as I'd like to. I make digital artwork, draw a little, listen to music (all sorts) and go out for hikes with the other half. Oh, and netflix is a great source of obsession too when I find a series to bingewatch.

~ Writers block: When your imaginary friends stop talking to you ~
Fanfiction.net | AO3 | Deviant Art | Tumblr

Fun question!

I love reading, especially romance and contemporary fiction. My Kindle is filled with books, but when the number dips below 100 books I haven't read, I get a little panicked. It's a quirk of mine. 🙂 When I feel a little extra-motivated, I read a fiction book alongside a history book or a memoir.

I also love pressure cooking. Weird hobby, right? Can I make banana bread in the pressure cooker? Yes, I can!

Backyard bird watching is something else I really enjoy. I thought I saw an owl yesterday, and I got all excited, but I wasn't wearing my glasses, and it turned out it was just a mourning dove all fluffed up.

Last but not least, I enjoy going for rides in the car to nowhere. I love observing people and landscapes.

Reading is my biggest hobby outside of writing. If I'm not reading fanfiction, I'm reading comics (DC has been my main source of entertainment lately), and if I'm not reading either of those things, I'm reading published works. I usually gravitate toward fantasy and young adult, but I like contemporary fiction as well.

I swim, too, though to be honest, it's been awhile since I've been in the pool. That is something I want to change once I'm more settled into my Adult Life now that I'm graduated.

I also really like watching TV/movies. Anime, cartoons, live-action...I've dabbled in it all.

Fun idea, fun first question... Let me see.

Reading (lots), singing, playing keyboard, photography, playing around in Photoshop, watching films or TV shows, travelling, hiking, drawing (sketching mostly), theatre (I was part of a theatre group before I became ill), listening to music, biking, creating musicvideo's or home/travel short films, playing around with my cat...

Are you guys still there? 😉

It's been awhile since someone's posted a question, so I'll go ahead and do so:

If you could meet one celebrity/famous person, alive or dead, who would it be, and what would you want to tell them?

I would go for Freddie Mercury, because I am sure he has a lot to tell about music and life. Also, I think he'd be fun to hang out with. The other Queen members too are welcome to the party then. 😉

~ Writers block: When your imaginary friends stop talking to you ~
Fanfiction.net | AO3 | Deviant Art | Tumblr

I want to sit down with Harriet Tubman. She was the first historical figure I basically fell in love with. I'd love to have the chance to ask a million questions about how, despite all the odds stacked against her, she persevered. Besides, I always pictured her with a quirky, good sense of humor. I find her incredibly inspirational.

Honestly, I think it might be fun to meet Johnny Depp, but that's mostly because anyone who plays Captain Jack Sparrow must have a good sense of humor. Right?

Aside from him, I would have enjoyed meeting with Martin Luther King Jr. It would be interesting to interact with him in person, face to face, and ask a million questions. I really consider him to be quite inspiring.

Camp NaNoWriMo Writing Progress

Pages:First«6789

All Writers Are Created Equal