web analytics

Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

University of Iowa – Free Online Writing Course

Pages:123

I almost certainly won't get the 450 points, but I'm hoping to get through the course materials at least.

To be fair, you don't actually receive anything from completing the course unless you want to shell out $60 for the completion certificate. I'd just focus on the parts you enjoy/find beneficial – that's really the point of participating in something like this.

For my part, I found it really inspiring. I liked the peer reviews best, reading and critiquing other people's work. I think teaching/helping other writers is one of my strengths – makes me wonder if I could put together little courses right here on the site.

Something to explore in the future, for sure. 🙂

Camp NaNoWriMo 7/18 Progress:
Quote from Heather on August 31, 2018, 1:50 am

I think teaching/helping other writers is one of my strengths – makes me wonder if I could put together little courses right here on the site.

Something to explore in the future, for sure. 🙂

It definitely is a strength of yours and it would be awesome if we could do that here. Add that to the "ideas for the future" board 😉

Just read "The Water That Falls from Nowhere" and it really is quite good. I especially like the way it blended languages without feeling the need to translate everything; the whole story was handled very well. And then - apart from the story - there are the implications of water that just falls on you out of nowhere if you lie.

Absolutely! I'm fascinated by magical realism and love incorporating it into my writing. Ideas like that are so powerful because they reach beyond the boundaries of the story – like you said, you can't help thinking about the implications on a larger scale. It's oddly personal, you know?

Gotta say: reading "Barry Four Voices" was not a pleasant experience. I enjoyed "Spider the Artist" though.

I have a few more to read but for the most part I've been lukewarm to the texts. The discussion, however, continues to be interesting.

"Barry Four Voices" – which one was that?

The guy with multiple personalities

Pages:123

All Writers Are Created Equal