web analytics

Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

October Update

Hey guys!

I haven't had much time to spend here lately, but that's about to change. I'm taking a month off of work for NaNoWriMo, which will also be devoted to our companion writing challenge here on the site. I'll be posting a forum thread/announcement about that later today/tomorrow.

In other news, you might notice something new in the left sidebar. Due to growing costs, I've decided to place a couple of Google ad units on the site. If you wish to support our community and can't afford donations, please whitelist this site through your ad blocker.

Of course, you can also help us by clicking on our Amazon affiliate links, both in the right sidebar and blog posts.

Speaking of blog postsโ€ฆ

I've fallen way behind on those, but no worries โ€“ you'll see lots of fresh new content in the months to come. We'll also be ramping up promotional efforts, adding new features to the site, and hopefully bringing in quite a few new members. Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ™‚

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

Psst.

We now have a mobile app. ๐Ÿ™‚

It's really basic so far, but I'll improve on it in the months to come. If you'd like to use it, just visit the site on your mobile device - an option will pop up asking you if you'd like to add Story Scribes to your homescreen.

* Tested on Android. Not sure about iPhone/iPad/iWhatever - please let me know if it works for you on Apple devices.

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

I've got an iPhone and visited the site in my browser. Unfortunately nothing popped up otherwise I would have done it! I also checked the app store- it's not there either. But I'm glad it works for Android users, yay you guys! ๐Ÿ™‚

Quote from Heather on October 31, 2018, 10:27 pm

* Tested on Android. Not sure about iPhone/iPad/iWhatever - please let me know if it works for you on Apple devices.

Alas, like AJ, I am getting no signal it is working for my Apple devices. Pretty cool though that for android users there is an app now. ๐Ÿ™‚

~ Writers block: When your imaginary friends stop talking to you ~
Fanfiction.net | AO3 | Deviant Art | Tumblr

Okay, I don't know why I can't edit the forum colors and I'm too lazy to start another thread.

Just letting you guys know that I'm aware of the issue and will fix it after NaNoWriMo. If I can't fix it? Maybe we'll just change the rest of the site to blue. ๐Ÿ˜‰

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

Just posting in here, because I can't see any other thread dealing with this:

Does anyone else's posts take ages to load and then offer an error message? I just ended up posting the same thing twice, because I thought the post had not gone through the first time. Is this a site-wide issue? I use Chrome and have no issues in clicking on Forum links.

I get the same thing when I post.ย  An error message and my post seems to have been lost.ย  ย Then go back in and it's there again.

Yeah, I have run into the same problem a few times.

~ Writers block: When your imaginary friends stop talking to you ~
Fanfiction.net | AO3 | Deviant Art | Tumblr
Quote from Deborah on January 4, 2019, 1:26 pm

Just posting in here, because I can't see any other thread dealing with this...

Next time, please start a new thread to address your issue (if it isn't directly related to an existing thread). We're not able to split off-topic posts and merge them into new threads with this forum plugin.

That goes for everyone, btw, not just staff members/bloggers. When in doubt, please start a new thread. <3

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

All Writers Are Created Equal