web analytics

Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Heather's Art Thread

Pages:12345

Updating my book covers. 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • Non-Omnis-Moriar-V3-Copy.png
Camp NaNoWriMo 4/18 Progress:

Made a new Lily to go with my updated Severus. <3

Uploaded files:
  • Veritas-Omnia-Vincit-small.png
  • Autumn-Rendezvous.png

I'll just leave this here... XD

Uploaded files:
  • Headmasters-Portait.png

Lily <3

Uploaded files:
  • Daydreams.png

The textures in this one are awesome - using that pattern on the sweater makes it looks like chenille. Great work ♥

Thank you! 🙂

And now for something a little different…

Uploaded files:
  • Demon-Love.png

You guys, I made my first custom character! 😀

In 3D artwork, most people (especially beginners like me) work with content other people have created. You tweak it to make it your own (adjusting colors, shaping,  lighting, composition, etc),  but you do have base figures,  hairstyles, clothing, and props that you can download and work with.

For example, my version of Snape is based on this figure. I've tweaked him quite a lot, but I didn't design the original character.

That's what content creators do. They work with modeling software and graphics programs to create original content for other artists to use. That's a lot harder than what I've been doing up until now,  but I'm taking my first steps toward being an actual content creator.  This'll give me a lot more control over my work, and I'll be able to sell content to other artists. 🙂

One thing that frustrates 3D artists (especially those who don't know how to create content) is not being able to find the specific things they need. For example, there's almost no Harry Potter stuff out there –  finding a character and hairstyle that would work for my Snape took weeks of searching.  Finding clothing for him? That was even harder.

That's why content creation is so important. Other people's stuff can only take you so far – sooner or later, there's something specific you want that you just can't find. That's why I made this custom character – it took me more than a week, but I modeled his head and body, painted a custom skin, facial features, eyes…

Long story short, a lot of work went into this guy. He's not perfect, but I think he turned out pretty well  (especially for a first attempt).

CLICK HERE TO SEE!

Recognizable? 🙂

He is so lovely! Great work, Heather!

Thank you! Does he look familiar at all?

...no. I don't think so. I thought I vaguely recognized some of his features, but I can't put any specific name to the face.

Pages:12345

All Writers Are Created Equal