web analytics

Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Forum Posting Load Issue

Quote from Deborah on January 4, 2019, 1:26 pm

Just posting in here, because I can't see any other thread dealing with this:

Does anyone else's posts take ages to load and then offer an error message? I just ended up posting the same thing twice, because I thought the post had not gone through the first time. Is this a site-wide issue? I use Chrome and have no issues in clicking on Forum links.

Yes, I've run into this occasionally, too. I thought it was just my connection, but apparently not.

I'll check with the plugin creator and see if we can get it sorted. Thanks for letting me know!

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

Okay, I believe I've identified the problem. It appears to be a conflict with another plugin, which is now disabled.

Can you guys try posting in this thread and see if it's fixed for you?

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

Can you guys try posting in this thread and see if it's fixed for you?

Sure! Testing it now. 🙂

Edit to say: It seems to be working okay so far

~ Writers block: When your imaginary friends stop talking to you ~
Fanfiction.net | AO3 | Deviant Art | Tumblr

Okay, I installed an alternate plugin to replace the one I disabled and now it's running slow again. I'm going to disable the new one and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

UPDATE:

Wordpress has a built-in protocol that sends emails. Unfortunately, emails often end up in the spam folder that way.

I started using a separate plugin to handle it so we could avoid the spam issue, but it's caused a different problem. I don't want to get too technical, but basically, it tries to send out email notifications as soon as someone submits their post. Multiple people (including myself) are subscribed to everything, so the system gets bogged down.

I'm still looking for a solution, but in the meantime, please keep an eye on your spam folders. Marking our emails as "not spam" is always helpful. 🙂

NaNoWriMo 2018 Progress:

All Writers Are Created Equal